Hi Felix Thanks for your reply. > I really hope someone responds to you, but in the meantime you could > set up your own copy of Guix. It's an elegant way to stop begging, > which I stopped doing because I find it demeaning. I was not begging only posing a simple question. This is a misunderstanding on your side. > More importantly, setting up your own Guix would allow you to test the > proposed patch set, which is quite large. After some time, you can > report your experience to the bug. That might provide a measure of > comfort to anyone who would like to help you but is deterred by the > fear of making a mistake. Reviewers have lives. I already tested parts of the patch set, I was never at any point demanding the reviewers to work on this patch asap. > As a result, the adoption of the patch set becomes more likely. > > An additional benefit is that you could pin your own branch to a > commit on master that works for you. For example, you could branch off > of my "prebuilt" branch. [1] It follows "master," but with a delay in > hope of maximizing substitute availability. I also try to sidestep > temporary or unresolved quirks like this one [2] which can make it > impossible to reconfigure your system or your home. > > It may be a rational choice depending on your set of personal constraints. I'm playing with the idea of doing that for a while now, but I fear this adds another layer of complexity I'm not prepared to handle right now. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Cheers, Reza -- Reza Housseini This message is signed with my GnuPG key: C0F3 0812 9AF2 80F4 0830 C2C1 C375 C6AF 0512 5C52