unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Hompage/place for the Guix documentation videos
@ 2019-02-19 23:27 Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2019-02-19 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, Ricardo Wurmus

Hi Ricardo,

Laura needs a URL where all videos are placed and which is mentioned at
least in the "getting help" video.

We were discussing where to place the Guix videos and agreed to upload
them to GNU Audio/Video:

https://audio-video.gnu.org/video/

I think that is a good place for the video files as such. But shouldn't
we have a summary page as part of our home-page? If yes, which URL,
especially which domain?

Björn

* Re: Hompage/place for the Guix documentation videos
@ 2019-02-20  8:27 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-02-20  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Björn Höfling; +Cc: guix-devel

Björn Höfling <bjoern.hoefling@bjoernhoefling.de> writes:

> Laura needs a URL where all videos are placed and which is mentioned at
> least in the "getting help" video.
>
> We were discussing where to place the Guix videos and agreed to upload
> them to GNU Audio/Video:
>
> https://audio-video.gnu.org/video/
>
> I think that is a good place for the video files as such. But shouldn't
> we have a summary page as part of our home-page? If yes, which URL,
> especially which domain?

We can link to the individual videos from the home page.

Changes would need to be made in the “website” directory of the
“artwork” repository.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Hompage/place for the Guix documentation videos
@ 2019-02-20  9:44   ` nly
From: nly @ 2019-02-20  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Can we package the tutorial videos for guix in guix? We have sicp, the book.

@ 2019-02-20 14:32     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-02-20 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nly; +Cc: guix-devel

nly <nly@disroot.org> writes:

> Can we package the tutorial videos for guix in guix? We have sicp, the
> book.

I don’t think they map well to packages to be honest.

--
Ricardo