Hello guix, Even since the WSL image was pushed to master branch, I've been spending time experimenting with it. It almost runs smoothly, unless two points: 1. when logged in, there is a warning says: > warning: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR doesn't exists, on-first-login script won't execute anything. You can check if xdg runtime directory exists, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR variable is set to appropriate value and manually execute the script by running '$HOME/.guix-home/on-first-login' The value of $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is /run/user/$UID, and the /run/user directory is empty. I believe the /run directory is created on WSL's side, and there is a step remounting it[1]. This also makes home shepherd services unusable. Although I could manually create the directory, perhaps it's better if we could just do the work within `wsl-boot-program', a wrapper for the login shell to work properly on WSL. 2. WSLg is usable, but the mesa in guix repo doesn't build with d3d12 gallium driver[2]. So when opening up a GUI software in guix on WSL, in renders through llvmpipe (using CPU not GPU). I'm not sure if building mesa with d3d12 driver enabled by default is a good idea, or maybe we could create a new package? [1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/images/wsl2.scm#n87 [2] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/gl.scm#n332 -- dan