unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* emacs-lilypond-mode should we?
@ 2022-07-11  7:10 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-07-11  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi,

Should we package this mode separately from lilypond as emacs-lilypond-mode?

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=elisp;h=dc4d450a9f98433d04ac87057571ab58f98497c5;hb=HEAD

all best,

jgart

* Re: emacs-lilypond-mode should we?
@ 2022-07-11 13:29 ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2022-07-11 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 02:10:36AM -0500, jgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should we package this mode separately from lilypond as emacs-lilypond-mode?
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=elisp;h=dc4d450a9f98433d04ac87057571ab58f98497c5;hb=HEAD
>
> all best,
>
> jgart

I think it would be best to package it separately, and I'm pretty sure
that's already what is suggested. The two packages I have installed that
happen to have .el files installed also don't have them compiled to .elc
files. Best to keep it separate so it's done with all the automation of
the emacs-build-system.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: emacs-lilypond-mode should we?
@ 2022-07-12 17:54   ` Tobias Platen
From: Tobias Platen @ 2022-07-12 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On Mon, 2022-07-11 at 16:29 +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 02:10:36AM -0500, jgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Should we package this mode separately from lilypond as emacs-
> > lilypond-mode?
> >
> > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=elisp;h=dc4d450a9f98433d04ac87057571ab58f98497c5;hb=HEAD
> >
> > all best,
> >
> > jgart
>
> I think it would be best to package it separately, and I'm pretty
> sure
> that's already what is suggested. The two packages I have installed
> that
> happen to have .el files installed also don't have them compiled to
> .elc
> files. Best to keep it separate so it's done with all the automation
> of
> the emacs-build-system.

I agree, soon I will use that one when I compose vocasynth songs using
lilypond, since I use emacs and a lilypond addon for festival, which I
have replaced with a more modern sinsy. Soon I will package that one
too.