Zhu Zihao schreef op wo 30-03-2022 om 22:31 [+0800]: > It is also burden for > packager to pick the build-time dependencies like libtool, > autoconf-archive, gnulib etc. if we force all autotools baseed > packages use autoreconf Reading 12037 lines of 'configure' and 7896 lines of 'Makefile.in' seems way more of a burden to me than adding two lines (native-inputs (list libtool autoconf automake gettext-minimal autoconf-archive)) Would be nice to package 'gnulib' in Guix though, currently it's a bit ad-hoc ... I don't see any force here, at least not more than _not_ using autoreconf would force package reviewers to review the 'configure' etc for malware and people using new architectures to report bugs & patches to regenerate the Autotools things to recognise the new architecture. Greetings, Maxime.