Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 05-05-2022 om 19:27 [+0200]: > > Multiple profiles can already be managed in a declarative manner: > > "guix shell -m manifest.scm".  I'd say that Guix Home adds some > > impurity (‘guix home reconfigure’ installs/removes/replaces some > > symlinks in $HOME, which is a form of mutation).  Though maybe some > > people want to keep all their manifests together and don't mind the > > little extra mutation? > We're not talking about the same kind of profile management here.  By > profile management I mean creating, updating, modifying and deleting > a > profile that has the same basic properties as ~/.guix-profile or > ~/.guix-home.  Shell profiles are not that. ... ~/.guix-profile and ~/.guix-home profiles do not have the same basic properties? ~/.guix-profile is to be managed imperatively with "guix install", "guix package -u" or such or semi-imperatively mostly- declaratively with "guix package -m" , whereas ~/.guix-home is in theory only to be managed with "guix home reconfigure"?" And except for not having a location in $HOME somewhere and not being mutatable, if that's you mean, "guix shell" produces the same kind of profile as "guix home" AFAICT? Or are you referring to home-shell-profile-configuration, which is yet another thing? Greetings, Maxime