Sage Gerard schreef op za 21-08-2021 om 16:43 [+0000]: > Hi folks, > > My name is Sage. I wrote a cross-platform Guix-like package manager > called Xiden. It applies functional package management to the Racket > ecosystem. [...] > I'd greatly appreciate learning how you all built Guix's GNU/Linux > distribution so that I can prepare a realistic roadmap and recruit help > where necessary. [...] I looked at the Xiden documentation and source code a bit, and I couldn't find any actual package definitions, or how to make any package definitions. Where are the 'coreutils' and some text editors like 'nano' or 'emacs' or 'vi' packaged for example? Hyperlinks in the manual aren't working: https://download.racket-lang.org/releases/8.2/doc/local-redirect/index.html?doc=xiden-reference&rel=index.html&version=8.2 reads This page is intended to redirect to the result of a search request. Since you’re reading this, it seems that the redirection did not work. I would recommend working on the documentation. > It is also free software under the GPLv3 Is this GPL-version-3-only or GPL-version-3-or-later? If it's the latter, Guix and Xiden could copy code and package definitions from each other (after making some adaptations for Guile vs Racket and different interfaces), though I wouldn't know how realistic that is in advancce. Greetings, Maxxime.