unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [core-updates-frozen] Tryton broken
@ 2021-12-01 16:44 zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-12-01 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel, Hartmut Goebel

Hi,

The branch core-updates-frozen will be merged soon.  Among some
breakage here or there, one block of broken packages is about 'tryton'
[1]: each points are sorted by alphabetical order, and the mouse on
the red point should provide the name of the package, then click leads
to the evaluation and from there you can access to the list of
dependencies, find the tryton broken one, click again, for instance
trytond-country, and last access to the log [2].

Well, this dashboard allow to quickly see the broken blocks.  To
directly find trytond-country, it is easy to go via:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=spec%3Acore-updates-frozen+system%3Ax86_64-linux+trytond-country

The issue with 'trythond-*' is the new phase `sanity-check' for
python-build-system.

Any chance that someone give a look before the merge?  Otherwise,
these broken packages could land to master; which would be sad.

Cheers,
simon

1: <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/50268/dashboard>
2: <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1805859/log/raw>

* Re: [core-updates-frozen] Tryton broken
@ 2021-12-02  8:57 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2021-12-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, Guix Devel

Hi,

TL;DR: I'll take care of this within the next few days.

Am 01.12.21 um 17:44 schrieb zimoun:

Many thanks for providing this info and the links.

> The issue with 'trythond-*' is the new phase `sanity-check' for
> python-build-system.

The way trytond modules are intended (by the maintainers) to be
installed is *very* special.  Thus I'm not astound to find sanity checks
for end-points failing - end points are simply not supported by trytond
for trytond modules as one would expect in Python.

> Any chance that someone give a look before the merge?  Otherwise,
> these broken packages could land to master; which would be sad.

trytond itself and tryton seem okay. So I suggest to remove the phase
sanity-check to all failing packages due to this check. Hopefully only a
few trytond- module are effected - those containing scripts.

I'll take care of this within the next few days.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          |h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com                |
|www.crazy-compilers.com  | compilers which you thought are impossible |

* Re: [core-updates-frozen] Tryton broken
@ 2021-12-03 13:41   ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2021-12-03 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, Guix Devel

Hi,
I just sent in patches fixing this issue, see
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52259>

They can be added on master, too, since they are not dealing with
'sanitiy-check

Question: After approval, shall I push them to core-updates-frozen and
or to master?

--

@ 2021-12-14  8:15     ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-12-14  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel, Guix Devel

Hi Hartmut,

Sorry for the delay.

On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 at 14:41, Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> wrote:

> <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52259>
>
> They can be added on master, too, since they are not dealing with
> 'sanitiy-check
>
> Question: After approval, shall I push them to core-updates-frozen and
> or to master?

Now, core-updates-frozen is merged, they can go to master. :-)

However, because ’format-patch’ had been used without the ’--base’
option, and because the Git tree changed, I cannot apply and test your
patches.

Could you rebase them?  I have not tried them but they LGTM so maybe you
can push them modulo typo in patch 3/3.

Thanks for the fix.

Cheers,
simon

* Re: [core-updates-frozen] Tryton broken
@ 2021-12-19 10:48       ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2021-12-19 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, Guix Devel

Am 14.12.21 um 09:15 schrieb zimoun:
> Now, core-updates-frozen is merged, they can go to master. :-)

I pushed the fixes to master yesterday. Shall I cherry-pick them to the
release-1.4 branch or will somebody else take care of that?