On Tue, 2021-03-30 at 21:55 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > I'm sorry if that happened. It was not my intent. Can you show me > what > I wrote that misrepresents your position? I don't have the energy now I feel already bad enough this discussion even happened, in a way that even Ludo, the creator of the GNU Guix project, ended up saying that they think I don't understand the review process. I think I do understand it and I wonder why anyone made me a GNU Guix committer if they think any other way. > I answered essentially the same question in my last message, so I'm > not > sure why you're asking again. We've been successfully accepting > contributions from non-committers for years. I think one has to realize that being a non-committer is a really frustrating experience even if your work is of good quality and that frustrating experience is demotivating and makes people give up. And having a branch and special relationship with a GNU Guix committer (like what we're doing with Raghav) is helpful to capture Raghav's motivation and energy in a way they do not get frustrated and give up. > Yes, of course. To be clear: you are well within your *rights* to do > so, regardless of what anyone else thinks. > > My main concerns are: > > (1) The primary branch for GNOME 40 work should be on Savannah, and > that's where we should encourage Guix developers to do this work. > No Guix developer should be asked to work on an external site in > order to contribute to the GNOME 40 effort. That's where it felt it was the best place to collaborate for me and Raghav (non-committer). > > (2) Any work that you and Raghav do on an external site should be > _regularly_ merged into Savannah, in manageable pieces, after > being > reviewed of course. If you do this, my concerns over review > quality > would be addressed. We already seek to do this. > > (3) If changes are made on the 'wip' branch on Savannah that conflict > with your preliminary work on an external site, it would be your > responsibility to rebase your work as needed, just as anyone > proposing a patch would be expected to do. That should be an > incentive to submit your work to Savannah early and often. If changes were to be made in a way that rebasing work and solving conflicts becomes too much trouble we will probably give up (Raghav probably) and there wont be any GNOME 40 upgrade. > Would this be acceptable to you? I don't even know anymore. > Regards, > Mark Léo