Christopher Baines schreef op vr 24-06-2022 om 09:10 [+0100]: > [...] > In terms of next steps, there's some things to do with improving the > implementation, but it would be good to hear if this is actually > worthwile? I wouldn't know about the Guix part, but supporting streaming reading responses in Guile(-Fibers) sounds useful outside Guix as well. IIRC, at some point in the past, I tried doing some streaming of reading responses (or was it writing responses?) and it didn't work out ... I'm not sure what ‘this’ refers to here: supporting fixed-output derivations in general, or improving the implementation? I don't know the answer on the latter (except for a generic less memory/latency = good answer), but I'd like to say that ci.guix.gnu.org's support for fixed-output derivation makes it effectively acts like a mirror for all source code used in Guix, so I'd like to keep that behaviour (*). (There's always SWH, but avoiding a single points of failure would be nice ...) (*) I don't know if a lack of support for fixed-output derivations in nar-herder would affect this ... Greetings, Maxime.