Am 14.03.2018 um 08:49 schrieb Pjotr Prins: > On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:02:03PM +0100, Hartmut Goebel wrote: >> Am 13.03.2018 um 22:44 schrieb Pjotr Prins: >>> Another problem is that it does not cover special cases where, for >>> example you compile Python with SSL and without. You don't want them >>> to share user installed libs. >> Upstream does not handle this case, so I do not see a need to handle >> this in guix. If we find a way, this would be find. But prior to solving >> the optional we should solve the compulsory :-) > https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/configure#L1543 > > and there are many other options which define the behaviour of the > interpreter. We don't use them in GNU Guix, but it does not mean we > should not think about it/allow it. Now I understand you point: If there are two variants of e.g Python 3.5 available, but there is only one GUIX-PYTHONHOME-3.5 variable, this will intermix the environments again. You are right! Adding the hash would indeed be a good solution :-) -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |