Hi On 2018-11-20 20:58, swedebugia wrote: > On 2018-11-20 08:50, Julien Lepiller wrote: snip >> See this script that builds a graph of dependencies, ignoring >> devDependencies (so none of the packages listed by this script is >> going to be tested): https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix/snippets/2534 What is devDependencies? Required to build the npm package? I understood the script now I think. :) I replaced "mocha" with name in the call in the bottom. Then did: $guile scheme@(guile-user)> (define name "ssb-patchwork") scheme@(guile-user)> (load "npm-explorer.scm") ... As you said it runs for(ever) (in my case 5 minutes) listing dependencies of dependencies of dependencies of dependencies of dependencies of dependencies ... 1100 last lines of the output is attached. :p One thing is for sure. There are a LOT of npm packages. "Over 477,000 packages are available on the main npm registry." according to WP. :O I wonder how many are free software? 90%? 50%? I hope we can automate this some way. npm.scm will be a VERY VERY long file. Maybe we should rethink about how to best store all these variables... Just 1 npm application (ssb-patchwork) will add at least 1000 package definitions to it. -- Cheers Swedebugia