Thanks for the response > Could you publish your diffs elsewhere with an appropriate note that > they are also available under CC-0 from there? Well, that's more or less what I am already doing with a public git repo for my fork — except I'm not sure how an "appropriate note" would look like. Where do you imagine it? In a commit message? Elsewhere? > > I'd like the lines of code I authored to be dual-licensed under > > GPL-3.0-or-later and CC0-1.0. This is purely for personal reasons (as > > having a mere few dozens of lines in a project under CC0 causes no > > practical change to the project). > > As someone who grew up under Microshaft's dominance of the PC market, > I'm not sure I agree with that characterization. Someone who choses the > GPL for a project is probably opposed to CC-0 for that project. I see. I believe we have similar experiences and similar moral rating of Microsoft's actions — and just different attitude to making use of legal force :) "no practical change" was meant to mean that it would still be impossible to integrate said project into a proprietary product. One would need to obtain a non-copyleft license from other ~1071 contributors. Or slightly fewer but still… Best Wojtek -- (sig_start) website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F 4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile ♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ== ✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8= -- (sig_end) On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 10:00:32 -0800 Felix Lechner wrote: > > I'd like the lines of code I authored to be dual-licensed under > > GPL-3.0-or-later and CC0-1.0. This is purely for personal reasons (as > > having a mere few dozens of lines in a project under CC0 causes no > > practical change to the project). > > As someone who grew up under Microshaft's dominance of the PC market, > I'm not sure I agree with that characterization. Someone who choses the > GPL for a project is probably opposed to CC-0 for that project. > > Could you publish your diffs elsewhere with an appropriate note that > they are also available under CC-0 from there?