Hi at least the following files from Guix source tree dir-locals.el configure.ac config-daemon.ac bootstrap README have neither copyright nor license information in them. I believe it prevents people from assuming that GPL v3 **or later** applies to those files. You know, the COPYING file in the source tree has just the text of GPLv3. The permission to use a later GPL version only ever appears in the source files themselves. But in case of the files listed above, such extra permission is absent. As a result, all a receiver of the source code can assume is that the terms from the COPYING file apply here. What should be done to fix this? Would it be welcome if I or someone else reached out to the authors of those files to get a permission to also use them under hypothetical later GPL versions? Libre software projects are in general prone to this kind of licensing ambiguities and FSFE's REUSE[1] specification seems like a good fix for that. Would a patch that makes Guix repo REUSE-compliant be welcome? Wojtek [1] https://reuse.software/ -- (sig_start) website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F 4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile ♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ== ✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8= -- (sig_end)