Hi again, On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 06:30:26 +0200 Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > If in some one to five years we still find no practical way of using > ScummVM with only free software, that might be a reason to remove it > then. With lot of help from anthk_ #hyperbola I finally found a practical way to use it, and even without recompiling it, so we can keep ScummVM. We need 3 repositories: - https://jxself.org/git/inform.git GPLv3+ - https://jxself.org/git/devours.git AGPLv3+ - https://jxself.org/git/informlib.git (devours submodule) AGPLv3+ Here's how to do it: > $ git clone https://jxself.org/git/inform.git > $ cd inform > $ gcc src/*.c -o inform > $ git clone --recursive https://jxself.org/git/devours.git > $ cd devours > $ sed 's#inform#../inform#g' -i build.sh > $ ./build That creates the devours.z5 file. We can then start scummvm: > $ scummvm glk:devours And we can then choose "add game" and add the game in the current directory and accept the warnings. Then pressing start starts the game. Denis.