On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 06:30:26 +0200 Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Note, that this discussion started IIRC a year ago and we have > practically known about actually existing FSDG violations since then. > My approach here is quite simple and pragmatic: Remove the games which > obviously violate the FSDG (that is all the games currently depending > on ScummVM as far as I know), but keep ScummVM for now to allow folks > to experiment. If in some one to five years we still find no > practical way of using ScummVM with only free software, that might be > a reason to remove it then. > > WDYT? That looks perfectly fine to me. It leaves some time to people to try to fix ScummVM itself in a better way (like by packaging games built from source like Draci Historiae, removing the checksums, making a hello world, etc), and at the end ScummVM would get removed if it's not fixed. Denis.