On Wed, 01 Mar 2023 17:15:26 +0000 Christopher Baines wrote: > I guess I'm still a team sceptic, I think the idea is interesting and > I have added myself as a member of some teams. But the main impact on > me so far is that I've just been getting some unwanted personal email, > messages that previously wouldn't have landed in my inbox have been > doing so. > > Regarding this change specifically though, I'm unclear how it would > impact the things I push for others. I pushed some patches today, > would this mean that I'd have to look at what team/teams are involved > (according to /etc/teams.scm.in) for each commit/series, and then > either continue if I'm a member of that team, or skip it if I'm not? I'm on Chris' side. We need less burden to review/push, instead of more formal rules/obligations. Speaking about me, I'm in the Java team, where my knowledge is best, but in the past I also "wildered" in the Python and Ruby areas. I think I always tried to be cautious with my reviews though: If I saw it was just a simple version update with no dependency changes, and it builds/runs afterwards, I gave an OK and/or pushed it, although I'm not the super-expert. If it was too hot for me, I left my fingers from it or asked a known expert for help. "Teams" are a nice hint (for example, adding a tag to the bug entry), but I wouldn't make it too formal. Björn