unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* emacs-flymake-guix `guix lint -n`
@ 2022-07-14  2:18 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-07-14  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi Guixers is there currently an emacs package that provides a flymake backend for `guix lint -n`?

https://todo.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/projects-idea/1

all best,

jgart

* Re: emacs-flymake-guix `guix lint -n`
@ 2022-07-14  9:49 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-07-14  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Devel

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 21:18, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
> Hi Guixers is there currently an emacs package that provides a flymake backend for `guix lint -n`?

What do you mean?

Well, the Emacs package emacs-guix allows to use “guix lint” from
Emacs.  Maybe improving this emacs-guix could be worth.  Or another
fresh one just for linting; I do not know. :-)

Cheers,
simon

* Re: emacs-flymake-guix `guix lint -n`
@ 2022-07-15  1:49   ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-07-15  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun; +Cc: Guix Devel

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:49:07 +0200 zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 21:18, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
> > Hi Guixers is there currently an emacs package that provides a flymake backend for `guix lint -n`?
>
> What do you mean?

See this collection of flymake backends, for example:

https://github.com/mohkale/flymake-collection/tree/release/src/checkers

I mean to have lint warnings show up as you're editing a guix package
in an emacs buffer and have it be integrated into the built-in flymake:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html

> Well, the Emacs package emacs-guix allows to use “guix lint” from
> Emacs.  Maybe improving this emacs-guix could be worth.  Or another
> fresh one just for linting; I do not know. :-)

Maybe adding a linter to flymake-collection might be the easiest.

I think the `guix lint` implementation in emacs-guix lets you run the
command manually but it's not integrated into a syntax checker like
flymake.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

all best,

jgart