unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Creating subtitles for the Guix Days videos!
@ 2022-03-01 14:36 Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2022-03-01 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix!

I'm looking for volunteers to create English subtitles for the Guix Days
talks. It would be great for people who are not very good with spoken
English but who can still understand text.

We have created a pad with the list of videos and steps to coordinate
and make sure we don't all work on the same videos. Please add you name
in front of the video you want to create subtitles for:

https://mensuel.framapad.org/p/guixdays2022-videosubtitles-9stl

You can use aegisub to create the subtitles. Note that it's a lot of
work (typically 1 hour for ~10 minutes of video), so I'd be glad for any
work you can do, even if it's partial. Please send me the subtitles once
they are completed, I'll add them with the videos.

* Re: Creating subtitles for the Guix Days videos!
@ 2022-03-05 18:23 Blake Shaw
From: Blake Shaw @ 2022-03-05 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Matt,
Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

>  ---- On Tue, 01 Mar 2022 22:44:18 -0500 Matt <matt@excalamus.com> wrote ----
>  >
>  >  ---- On Tue, 01 Mar 2022 18:18:42 -0500 Matt <matt@excalamus.com> wrote ----
>  >
>  >  > I've started working on the "Dreaming of better patch review".  This is great steno practice!
>
> I'm (finally) done!
>
> There were some things he said that I couldn't understand. I notated
> all of them using square brackets and three question marks, [like
> this???]. You should be able to search on "???" to find them.
>
> It was an interesting talk with good points and some smart ideas.  I'm happy to have been able to make it more accessible to others.  :)

Thank you so much! Thats awesome work. I'll take a look at the parts
that were difficult... but I'm not sure what software I need to use this
file format. Lmk and I'll get you the corrections.

ez,
“In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni”