unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Bengt Richter <bokr@bokr.com>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Assisting reviewing & committing with tags?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:23:13 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi guix,

It sounds like a good idea, but ISTM we don't need yet another markup syntax
if emacs org mode already defines a useful standard that can be adopted.

The advantage to org mode style [0] -- in commit commentary as well as tags
would be its scrapability -- i.e., ease of writing an extractor/formatter
for handy report snippets/pages and web stuff etc., whether implemented
using foreign shell or within guix.

[0] http://xahlee.info/emacs/emacs/emacs_org_markup.html

--
Regards,