Hi Guix! I have the attached file that build Scala, although it's not bootstrapped at all. It contains %binary-scala, a few dependencies of Scala we haven't packaged yet, and the final scala, built from %binary-scala, without sbt (which requires Scala too). Since I've tried and failed to bootstrap Scala for so long, I think it's time to give up. I can't always create miracles. If this is acceptable, I will send actual patches later, and rework the sbt package I had around 2018 (I managed to build it with a Scala compiler, without a pre-existing sbt).