On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 09:15:37 +0100 Christopher Baines wrote: > So, one advantage of alists over lists is that the code is probably > less brittle when adding elements say, since code parsing the list > will probably break with a new element, but this is probably less > likely to happen with an alist. > > However, this will happen with an alist if match is used to pick > elements out. I'd suggest using assq-ref or similar to pluck elements > out. Ok, I changed that on the html.scm. > I'd consider these options first probably: > > - Could the data coming from derivation-differences-data have vectors > where appropriate already? The HTML code would probably need to be > adjusted, but I think that's fine. I tried this for days but with no success. Maybe the only way would be to tweak group-to-alist, but it touches many places, and I didn't want to mess with it. > - Could this be written in a form like: > > ,@(map (lambda (name) > ...) > '(outputs inputs sources arguments)) This only make sense to me inside render-json (because of the ,@), but I think the code would be less clean and "arguments" would appear in a different order. What I did was bind the result of a function similar to this in the let. Well, this way made things much shorter. I'm sending a new patch for you to review. -- Best Regards, Luciana Lima Brito MSc. in Computer Science