unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* OUTREACHY INTERNSHIP - INTRODUCING MYSELF
@ 2021-04-14  6:12 obaseki osakpolor
From: obaseki osakpolor @ 2021-04-14  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,

*I am Obaseki, Osakpolor from Lagos, Nigeria. An Outreachy internship
candidate*.
I am interested in working with you and contributing to the project
     - *Guix Data Service: revision processing instrumentation and
performance.*

While I have lots of experience using git, writing code with Java, Kotlin,
and SQL databases
I am new to contributing to FOSS, Guile, and Guix.

I look forward to the experience.
Guile seems pretty interesting to work with so far, and guix has been a
delight to use.
I am looking forward to hearing from and working with everyone.

Regards,
Osakpolor.

* Re: OUTREACHY INTERNSHIP - INTRODUCING MYSELF
@ 2021-04-14 19:21 ` Ryan Prior
From: Ryan Prior @ 2021-04-14 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution,
	obaseki osakpolor

On April 14, 2021, obaseki osakpolor <obasekiosa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, [snip]

Hi Osakpolor, I'm glad you found Guix delightful so far! I've also been
working on learning Guile, the folks in #guile on Freenode IRC chat have
been helpful. Welcome!

Ryan

* Re: OUTREACHY INTERNSHIP - INTRODUCING MYSELF
@ 2021-04-15 19:56 ` raingloom
From: raingloom @ 2021-04-15 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: obaseki osakpolor; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 07:12:51 +0100
obaseki osakpolor <obasekiosa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> *I am Obaseki, Osakpolor from Lagos, Nigeria. An Outreachy internship
> candidate*.
> I am interested in working with you and contributing to the project
>      - *Guix Data Service: revision processing instrumentation and
> performance.*
>
> While I have lots of experience using git, writing code with Java,
> Kotlin, and SQL databases
> I am new to contributing to FOSS, Guile, and Guix.
>
> I look forward to the experience.
> Guile seems pretty interesting to work with so far, and guix has been
> a delight to use.
> I am looking forward to hearing from and working with everyone.
>
> Regards,
> Osakpolor.

Hi, and welcome to Guix! UwU