Hi, Just to report my progress and ask some more questions. I attached a new image of the json I have by now. I still have to find a way to use a proper name instead of the 0 and 1 of the array. Another thing that I'm still looking into is why the "source" field displays the value of the derivations as a name in the hierarchy, instead of a string. All the fields are being displayed in the json, but I don't know all the values the fields can assume, so I don't know exactly which tests I should do. In the .html file I could see that many more test are performed to get the same values I got for the json, so probably I'm missing some, I will look into this, however, for all derivations comparisons I checked the values seem correct. On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 20:41:18 +0100 Christopher Baines wrote: > Luciana Lima Brito writes: > > > I'm lubrito on Guix IRC, the Outreachy applicant. > > > > I'm working on the json output for the render-compare/derivation > > procedure (controller.scm). > > Hi lubrito, > > Good to hear from you. > > > I would like to know if I am on the right path with what I've > > accomplished until now. > > You've got some JSON being rendered, so you're definitely on the right > path :) > > > The attached .ppm file shows the json I have so far. The json is > > showing only the data for the "outputs", but I already got the data > > for the rest and I could do the same to them. I am still thinking > > about how to make the code cleaner, because the way I'm doing could > > produce many redundancies. > > > > I also would like to know if the general structure of the json is > > correct or if it should be different. For example, under "outputs" > > "0" is denoting base and "1" is denoting target. > > > > The current code for the function is here http://sprunge.us/mKkzX2 > > So, there's no "correct" structure for the JSON, but some structures > might better represent the data than others, there's a number of > factors to balance. > > I think an object with base and target names would easier to > understand than using an array. > > Some of the types in the JSON are a bit off as well, part of this is > the query processing is not working quite right, but that's a > different issue. For the JSON you've got so far, I'd specifically > look at the hash, hash-algorithm and recursive fields. hash and > hash-algorithm are only set for some outputs (only for fixed output > derivations), it would probably be better to have these fields set to > null if they don't have a string value, or not included in the > object. For recursive, that's a boolean, so it should be a boolean in > the JSON too. > > Hope that helps! > > Chris -- Best Regards, Luciana Lima Brito MSc. in Computer Science