unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>
To: Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Thank you for participating in the Guix Day!
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:18:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 09:13:38PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> Guix Day was wonderful. Thank you very much for organizing it! More than
> anything, I attended just to see people's faces, and put faces to
> names. Seeing smiling faces is surprisingly motivating, especially in
> lockdown times. :-)

I can only second that - it is even nicer to meet in person, but this
was a really social event online.

> I'm happy it was an online event and I could participate. I live in
> India and travelling to Europe is a bank-breaking endeavour that is
> normally out of the question. I think even future offline Guix Days,
> after the pandemic, should have an online component so that a wide
> audience can participate easily. It's not the same as an actual offline
> presence, but it's better than nothing at all.

Hybrid events are probably quite difficult to organise, but others with
more knowledge on the topic have already spoken up. What we could do in
any case, lockdown or not, is provide for *both* online events such as
this one and, once it is possible again, offline/hybrid events.

Thanks to Julien and Simon for all the work they have invested and to
Fosshost for hosting the videoconference.

Andreas