Hi Efraim, On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:56:34 +0200 Efraim Flashner wrote: > I think a better question is can cmake-minimal depend on a new > curl-minimal, or does it even need curl at all? In the course of debugging the "32 bit ARM on 64 bit host can't read directories" problem ("json-c") and starting to fix it, I had also asked myself that question. I've researched back then why cmake needs curl in the first place and it turned out it is in order to contact a CI dashboard server when tests run in ctest. They do not support removing the library, but they do support disabling the (or setting another) dashboard server to contact.