Hi, On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 19:30:44 +0100 zimoun wrote: > $ docker exec guix guix pack hello > user with UID 0 not found Docker needs to generate a /etc/passwd with uid 0 and the guix build user accounts, and a /etc/group with the guixbuild group; and whatever other users the things that are composed together using docker compose[1] require. How does this work in Docker-land ? > substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to be uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable We need to configure substitute server acls (/etc/guix/acl). So this one is totally our fault. > substitute: guix substitute: warning: ci.guix.gnu.org: host not found: Servname not supported for ai_socktype Docker needs to generate /etc/services with a union of the required services of all the things that are composed together using docker compose. All in all, these are all obvious things which guix-on-docker already works around (I don't know the official way that surely exists--hence the workarounds). The question is: since Docker supports composition[1], how do they handle this standard case ? How can we get Docker to generate /etc/services, /etc/passwd and /etc/group for the composed docker image ? > BTW, the tool skopeo failed in the branch version-1.2.0 as ’weather’ > confirms. Therefore the Cookbook recipe will be for the next release. (I can't help with skopeo, never used it before) [1] https://docs.docker.com/compose/