Hi, On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 22:30:51 +0100 zimoun wrote: > Wow! The image is huge: > > 5.23GB registry.gitlab.com/daym/guix-on-docker latest 884b4a4ddf61 > > Is it expected? Yes, because Docker is silly. It will continue to grow. It should be better when you use an external volume as /gnu/store and /var/guix. > > Then, the ’docker exec’ downloads \o/ and then fails with: > guix pack: error: getting status of `/tmp': No such file or directory > > Hum, as in the other message, I am sure I am missing the obvious with > Docker options. Yeah, someone needs to create /tmp. That someone is not Guix (it would be weird). /tmp is a common directory, so it does not belong to any of the parts that have been composed, or maybe there should be a standard "/tmp" part? Is there such a standard "/tmp" part in Docker-land? Similarly, but worse, with /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/services and so on. > Currently, it builds master, right? I have not looked but do you think > it could possible to track the both branches master and version-1.x.y? Yes, right now it builds current master. Sure, could easily make it do both.