unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [sr #110376] Creating an Emacs-Guix Git repository for Guix
@ 2020-11-16  9:14 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-11-16  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel, savannah-help-public

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

Could you create an "emacs-guix" Git repository as a sub-directory under
"guix"?

It will contain code currently hosted at
<https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix/>.

Thanks,
Ludo'.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110376>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/

* Re: [sr #110376] Creating an Emacs-Guix Git repository for Guix
@ 2020-11-21 18:51 ` John Soo
From: John Soo @ 2020-11-21 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo and Guix,

Ludovic Courtès <INVALID.NOREPLY@gnu.org> writes:

>              Assigned to: None
>         Originator Email:
>         Operating System: None
>              Open/Closed: Open
>          Discussion Lock: Any

> Details:
>
> Hello,
>
> Could you create an "emacs-guix" Git repository as a sub-directory under
> "guix"?
>
> It will contain code currently hosted at
> <https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix/>.

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to this. I am not too familiar with
the Savannah workflow. What exactly do we want to do?

Is this a submodule that I can submit as a patch to "guix"? Or do I need
to create a submit a project for inclusion on Savannah?

Also, what does it mean to be a subdirectory of guix?

Thanks,

John

* Re: [sr #110376] Creating an Emacs-Guix Git repository for Guix
@ 2020-11-22  2:44   ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2020-11-22  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Soo; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello John,

John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu> writes:

> Hi Ludo and Guix,
>
> Ludovic Courtès <INVALID.NOREPLY@gnu.org> writes:

>>              Assigned to: None
>>         Originator Email:
>>         Operating System: None
>>              Open/Closed: Open
>>          Discussion Lock: Any
>>
>>     _______________________________________________________
>>
>> Details:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you create an "emacs-guix" Git repository as a sub-directory under
>> "guix"?
>>
>> It will contain code currently hosted at
>> <https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix/>.
>
> I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to this. I am not too familiar with
> the Savannah workflow. What exactly do we want to do?

No worries.  I think the first thing to do would be to let Alex Kost
(the author and current maintainer of Emacs-Guix) of our intentions to
take on the maintenance of Emacs-Guix, and that its new home would be on
Savannah.

> Is this a submodule that I can submit as a patch to "guix"? Or do I need
> to create a submit a project for inclusion on Savannah?

Then, if Alex doesn't see a problem with it, the second step would be to
push the current code found at https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix
to the new Savannah hosted repo.

Something along those lines:

git clone https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix
git remote remove origin
git remote add origin ssh://new-repo-url
git push origin

> Also, what does it mean to be a subdirectory of guix?

I think it means that he repository would be attached to the GNU Guix
project (it'd be one of its many Git repositories, such as the
'maintenance' repo [0]).

I hope that helps!

Thank you,

Maxim

[0]  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git

* [sr #110376] Creating an Emacs-Guix Git repository for Guix
@ 2020-11-26 10:37 ` Ineiev
From: Ineiev @ 2020-11-26 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ineiev, Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel, savannah-help-public

Update of sr #110376 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => ineiev

Follow-up Comment #1:

What should be the description of the new repository?

@ 2020-11-27 11:09   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-11-27 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ineiev, Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel, savannah-help-public

"Emacs interface to GNU Guix" please.

Thanks!

@ 2020-11-27 14:49     ` Ineiev
From: Ineiev @ 2020-11-27 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ineiev, Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel, savannah-help-public

Update of sr #110376 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #3:

Done.