Hi Ludo, On Sun, 01 Nov 2020 22:53:26 +0100 Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Lars-Dominik Braun skribis: > > Long ago Dave Thompson wrote guix-web, which allowed you to install > packages (you’d run it as your user): > > https://archive.softwareheritage.org/browse/origin/directory/?origin_url=https://gitorious.org/guix-web/guix-web.git > > It’s an interesting approach with several advantages (in particular it > can be quickly developed), though I must say I remain unenthusiastic > about using web browsers for local GUIs. You can use Gtk applications in the web using Broadway. That's why I enabled Broadway in our gtk+ package a long time ago. Try it: broadwayd :1 & GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:1 gedit & icecat http://localhost:8081/ (broadwayd is in gtk+'s "bin" output) Not saying we have to do that--but it's possible.