Hi, On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 17:15:20 +0200 Tanguy Le Carrour wrote: > does not contain a `setup.py` file –because Poetry does not use it!—, and >the `python-build-system` fails. > I haven't wrap my head around this yet and I'm not sure what would be > the proper way to do it? >Write a `python-poetry-build-system`? I hope not! Why not? According to https://github.com/python-poetry/poetry they took inspiration from existing build systems like cargo, and they just replaced setup.py by pyproject.toml. So what you could do is create a poetry-build-system that is just like python-build-system (probably even inherits from it) but uses "poetry" instead of "python setup.py". If the author of a package replaces the build system used in his actual project, he has to expect to also have to replace the build-system reference in the guix package. Why is that weird? Or you could try to add it to the existing python-build-system--but the poetry website doesn't sound like it's designed like that (it rather sounds like they want to replace all other python build systems). > Just put the d**n tests in the Python package? This would look like a > failure to me! :-( If the end user doesn't need the tests, the tests shouldn't make it into the derivation of your package. But they are there while the package is building the derivation--so just run the tests then.