Hi Ludo, On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 13:47:25 +0200 Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Mathieu Othacehe skribis: > > Keep in mind that images use space at ftp.gnu.org and also take time to > build (having CI up-to-date helps with that, but it doesn’t not > eliminate build times due to the ‘update-guix-package’ dance that takes > place during “make release”.) > > Likewise, if we ship more images, we should update the “System > Installation” section accordingly and be clear about what users can > expect. > > I guess all I’m saying is that we should not make such decisions lightly > and be sure to examine all the consequences. I agree. IMO there are only very few RYF-worthy ARM devices--and we should support at least those, if we support any ARM devices at all. That includes providing images for those few (at least A20-EOMA68, A?0*Olinuxino*, and Novena). (Now that we use genimage in order to create guix images anyway, long term we can also provide an importer and import essentially all ARM devices from buildroot--but that can come later)