unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes
@ 2020-10-10 15:20 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2020-10-10 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

the minutes of the yearly assembly of Guix Europe, which we held last June,
are finally online:
   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/minutes/ga-20200621.txt

Enjoy,

Andreas

* Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes increasing membership
@ 2020-10-10 16:59 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2020-10-10 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel, membership

In this email you include some of guix's finances.  Should we guix
mention this membership option on the website?  To encourage more
members, what if guix offered membership that included some perks?  The
FSF has such perks when you sign up to be a member.

On the guix site, we could offer some of the web services that guix
already provides.  Depending on what service, the user has to pay so
much to get the perk.  1

One quick way to do this, may be to sign the user up to be a member of
the FSF.  Becoming a member of guix, would transparently sign them up to
be an associate member of the FSF, which would give them the 5 email
aliases, an irc nick, and I think a meet.jit.si instance.

What do ya'll think?

Joshua

1  I've got an example webpage at my site: https://gnucode.me/services.html

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus

* Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes increasing membership
@ 2020-10-10 20:08   ` Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2020-10-10 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel, membership

Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> writes:

> One quick way to do this, may be to sign the user up to be a member of
> the FSF.  Becoming a member of guix, would transparently sign them up to
> be an associate member of the FSF, which would give them the 5 email
> aliases, an irc nick, and I think a meet.jit.si instance.

Do you mean an IRC Cloak?

Brett Gilio

* Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes increasing membership
@ 2020-10-11 16:28     ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2020-10-11 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Gilio; +Cc: Andreas Enge, guix-devel, membership

That sounds about right.

--

@ 2020-10-12  6:20 ` Tanguy Le Carrour
From: Tanguy Le Carrour @ 2020-10-12  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Andeas, Hi Guix,

Le 10/10, Andreas Enge a écrit :
> the minutes of the yearly assembly of Guix Europe, which we held last June,
> are finally online:
>    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/minutes/ga-20200621.txt

Sorry if my question is a bit silly, but… what exactly is "Guix Europe"?

I read the statute [1], but could not find an "official" web page for
the association, only a thread with a dead link [2] and page on a totally unrelated
website [3].

[1]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/statuts/
[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00108.html
[3]: https://www.gralon.net/mairies-france/gironde/association-guix-europe-bordeaux_W332019708.htm

Did I miss something?

Regards

--
Tanguy

* Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes
@ 2020-10-21 16:58   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-10-21 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanguy Le Carrour; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Tanguy!

Tanguy Le Carrour <tanguy@bioneland.org> skribis:

> Sorry if my question is a bit silly, but… what exactly is "Guix Europe"?
>
> I read the statute [1], but could not find an "official" web page for
> the association, only a thread with a dead link [2] and page on a totally unrelated
> website [3].
>
> [1]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/statuts/
> [2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00108.html
> [3]: https://www.gralon.net/mairies-france/gironde/association-guix-europe-bordeaux_W332019708.htm
>
> Did I miss something?

I think Andreas hasn’t replied yet, so here’s an executive summary: Guix
Europe is a non-profit registered in France (“association loi 1901”)
with the goal of promoting and supporting Guix, as you saw in the statutes.

It was initially set up in part to facilitate receiving and spending of
donations in Europe.  For example, it bought hardware for the build farm
and contributes financially to the Guix Days in Brussels every year.
Andreas can explain this better.  :-)

But… it lacks a web page!  Something to fix IMO.

HTH,
Ludo’.