On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 07:57:19AM -0400, Greg Hogan wrote: > Is there a best practice or example for building a library twice, both static and dynamic? I submitted patch #43620, and in working on another library have the same issue. These are cmake builds with a parameter declaration for either a static or dynamic build, not both. I would like to create a single package with both “out” and “static” outputs, which looks to be standard across Guix. > > One idea is to run the configure / make / make install phases twice. modify-phases does not currently support copying phases (though add-after could work with the right function reference from cmake-build) and #:configure-flags would need to be set differently. > > Another option would be to patch the source build files, but this problem feels solvable in Guix without duplicating the code from cmake-build’s configure. > > Thanks, > Greg x265 is a package that uses cmake and is built multiple times with different options and with a separate static output. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted