unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* NixCon 2020
@ 2020-09-21 15:19 Buttery Pancake
From: Buttery Pancake @ 2020-09-21 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

I am planning to do a presentation for NixCon 2020, which will be on 16 and 17 October. This will be a contrast between Guix and Nix.

I have prepared a self-shot of my presentation,
https://share.riseup.net/#N9ggM6bRWviQCTro3_qerQ

Please leave your feed-back.

* Re: NixCon 2020
@ 2020-09-24 15:55 ` Bengt Richter
From: Bengt Richter @ 2020-09-24 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Buttery Pancake; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hi Pancake,

from your link, I get an html page, with a centered message:
    "File not found or corrupt"
which firefox inspect-element says comes from

<h1 id="downloadprogress">File not found or corrupt</h1>

I'm not sure it was you but I saw a NixCon thing, maybe 2019?,
where the presenter did not mention the role of guix substitutes
provided by trusted servers, and in the Q/A time after did not
appear to know fully how the guix derivation chains of events
work in that regard.

I think the audience may have been left with a less favorable
impression of guix than it could have gotten.

Hopefully you can improve on that :)

--
Regards,
Bengt Richter