On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 09:25:56AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Julien Lepiller skribis: > > To get the project, we need to clarify the license on the translation files, as we discussed before. How should we proceed on that? > > There was a question about copyright holders for translations; to me > it’s clearly individual translators, and translations that indicate > otherwise are probably the result of misconfiguration in ‘Makevars’ > and/or copy/paste. > > The PO files at and > state: > > This file is distributed under the same license as the guix package. > > which is perfect. > > Those at have > the same statement, but it should rather be the same license as the > manual (GFDL). Perhaps a ‘Makevars’ issue too? Since there are a > handful of translators involved, we can probably just contact them and > change that sentence. > > Thoughts? > > Ludo’. I’m fine with any licensing changes you see fit. I guess we should add proper copyright notices to etc/news.scm too? Sorry for not starting its translations with a proper copyright, but I wasn’t sure because of etc/news.scm’s license: “;; Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are ;; permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and ;; this notice are preserved.” I attach a patch adding copyright notices, but I guess the authors should agree. I put them in Cc. Regards, Florian