unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* help with bootstrap binaries
@ 2020-09-22 11:36 Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2020-09-22 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I have an ongoing project to finish the port of Guix to 32-bit PowerPC
and it looks like we're almost there. I ran into a snag with glibc-2.31
since it gave all sorts of problems on PPC but core-updates now has
2.32. Unfortunately the patch glibc-bootstrap-system.patch didn't apply
cleanly anymore so I updated it. It now applies but the 'system'
command/macro from guile errors out while building packages, basically
saying it can't find 'sh'.

I'm looking if anyone wants to help fix the patch for 2.32 so we can
continue using newer versions of glibc or see about downgrading glibc
for make-bootstrap to 2.30.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: help with bootstrap binaries
@ 2020-09-23  5:24 ` Efraim Flashner