From: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: MPFR and MPC
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:57:50 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 12:58:52PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> It’s gonna take a while, but I think we’d rather be safe than sorry
> given that these two libraries underpin the toolchain chain (sic).

oh well, never ask a question when you fear the answer might not be
what you hope for :)

> I think you could test the update on ‘core-updates’ with:
>   ./pre-inst-env guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) gcc-final)'

Luckily I remembered that I do have access to a powerful build machine,
so I even went as far as to execute
   ./pre-inst-env guix build mpfr,
which succeeds; so I am going to push the patch.

Thanks!

Andreas

  reply index