On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:28:08PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote: > raingloom writes: > > > Hey all! > > > > So, I recently gave a go to packaging EDK2 on my channel, and found out > > that it requires several submodules, including OpenSSL, which take up > > quite a bit of space and take way longer to download than necessary. > > > > Since I couldn't find a way to shallow-init the submodules, I added > > them as separate origins and copied / symlinked them after the unpack > > phase. > > That sounds like a decent workaround. Even better to symlink > (package-source openssl) to use the OpenSSL sources from Guix. Yes, we should definitely make that work instead of letting EDK2 handle it. Same for the Oniguruma dependency, as that is also a very security-sensitive program: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=oniguruma Let us know if you need help raingloom!