Hi Raghav, On Fri, 29 May 2020 17:01:26 -0400 Raghav Gururajan wrote: > > Please if you update the actual package from upstream, mention that fact in > > the commit log. If the actual upstream package changes, that's a serious > > change, right? People might wanna know where that happens. > > Sure! I usually mention the version update as a part of * gnu/packages > [...]. Should that be enough or do I also mention as a part of gnu: [...]? Also right in front, like "gnu: xxx: Update to 1.2.3.". For better or for worse that's what the majority of our git log looks--nobody does "[version]: Update to 1.2.3.", although it would be technically correct. > IIRC, propagated-inputs are installed along-side the package, whereas, > inputs are not. But I do not see any use of mentioning something in both. I think you did that in one of the packages, though.