Hi Mark, > variable name. The reason is that IceCat depends on Rust which depends > on Clang, and there is a chain of *18* Rust compilers that must be built > before IceCat can be built. On my system, compiling all of those Rust > compilers requires approximately *90 hours* of continuous compiling. Are you sure that Rust depends on clang? gnu/packages/rust.scm doesn't have any direct reference to "clang" except to remove it. I think that the situation with Rust in that we need to build 18 compilers is regrettable--I hope that thepowersgang's mrustc can eventually be used to leapfrog that (it's still active--AND v0.9 has been released) and just have a small chain mrustc -> rust-1.37 eventually.