On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 03:56:42PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > Hi Efraim, > > Mark H Weaver writes: > > > Efraim Flashner writes: > >> Here's what I have for rust-cbindgen based more-or-less on my > >> re-imagining of the cargo-build-system and the rust inputs. > > > > Thank you very much for this! Notably, I see that every package in your > > source has a proper 'license' field, and that there are *far* fewer > > dependencies here than 'guix import crate -r cbindgen' pulled in. I actually got the list from cbindgen's Cargo.lock file. I figured we were building far more than necessary, since we were throwing almost all the results. > > > > What's the feasibility of turning this file into a set of commits that > > could be applied to 'master' in the next day or two? If that could be > > done, it would be tremendously helpful. I think it's okay if these > > "re-imagined" Rust packages are all 'hidden' for now and put in a > > separate module, to avoid breaking anything else or interfering with the > > packages in crates.io. > > > > Would you like to do it? I wouldn't mind doing it. It'll have to wait until tomorrow though, it's getting late here. The motivation behind the 'hidden' part was so they could be public, so we could keep a list of rust sources in crates-io rather than spread around, but not visible, since I don't think any of them would build in their current form. > > I looked again, and I see that you _already_ marked all of the packages > 'hidden' except for 'rust-cbindgen' itself. Perfect! Somehow I managed > to miss that on my first perusal of the code. > > The only additional suggestion I'd make is to change 'define-public' to > 'define' for all of these packages except for 'rust-cbindgen', to avoid > possible conflicts in modules that import both 'cbindgen.scm' and > 'crates-io.scm'. Not a problem, we can always go back and change them around again later. > > How about simply putting this file in (gnu packages rust-cbindgen) for > now, with the file header comment changed to match other files in Guix, > and with the trailing 'rust-cbindgen' at the bottom removed. > > Would you like to do this? If not, I could do it. Sounds good. I can toss it in. > > Thanks again! This is a great help and an enormous relief to me. > > Mark I knew all the hours I spent banging my head against rust would come in handy :) -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted