Hi Mark, On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 16:21:44 -0400 Mark H Weaver wrote: > Thanks, but did you test that it actually works in practice? > > I strongly suspect that it still won't work. According to > , the 'pam_fprintd.so' > module needs to be added to the PAM configuration. That is only required if not using gdm. I think since we force gdm now it should work as-is. > So, I guess we also need something along the lines of the following, > which is used in 'elogind-service-type' in (gnu services desktop): > > ;; Extend PAM with pam_fprintd.so. > (service-extension pam-root-service-type > pam-extension-procedure) Yes, but we'd have to amend the etc/pam.d/login file and that would mean we'd have to add an entire authentication configuration mechanism to guix (where to allow fingerprint authentication and where not to allow it is a policy decision done by the system administrator and should not be hard-coded). I've found one comment "./sddm.scm: ;; should be factored out into system-auth" that maybe suggests such a guix configuration already exists somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm not sure how to proceed.