Hi Rene, +++ b/guix/scripts/system.scm @@ -1151,3 +1151,5 @@ argument list and OPTS is the option alist." ;;; End: ;;; system.scm ends here + +(install-hurd #$hurd) That is not going to work there. #$ unquotes from a build-side g-expression (similar to what "," would do in a quasiquote). You are not in a g-expression at the position above. In order to enter the g-expression environment, you could use #~ . That would give you a lowerable object which someone has to lower in order to get a derivation for it. Then someone has to do derivation->output-path in order to get an output path for that derivation. Or put it into an existing block with #~ . In your case, I would put the (install-hurd #$hurd) into a bootloader module, I guess (inside "installer" there--which has a #~ ). What is supposed to load the "/hurd" that would be created ?