On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 12:04:20 +0000 Christopher Baines wrote: > Thanks, however, one thing I've noticed is that git apply seems to be > much more reliable at applying patches than git am. It often fails > with "Patch is empty". > > I'm not sure why, it seems to work for the patches I've sent with git > send-email, but maybe it's very particular about the formatting... Maybe you already thought about it, but: When I use it manually, I save the whole patch-series as an mbox-file, including the "--cover-letter", i.e. the first email saying [0/n]. When I then say "git am patch.mbox" it complains there is nothing in. I then have to say "git am --skip" and it goes on automatically. Could that also be the case with your patchwork-setup? Björn