Hi, On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 22:10:24 +0100 Thorsten Wilms wrote: > I already had a "rename" binary via util-linux. Then I installed the > package "rename", resulting in another "rename" binary, as I prefer the > Perl version. This was a success in that I got what I wanted. > > However, should this name clash be considered a bug? > Is there a policy for such circumstances? > What happens that the newly installed "rename" gets precedence? That depends. If you installed "util-linux" into your profile and also "rename" into your profile, you should have gotten a collision warning. (If we ever get these cleaned up then we should make the remaining ones collision errors) I've just tried it with guix master, I get no collision warning. I think that's a real bug. (Didn't those work in the past? *scratches head*)