On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 09:48:50PM +0100, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > In my patchset, there are 2 kinds of fixes: > > - Disabling tests because Go 1.11 test policies are stricter and some lax code > from before does not pass anymore. > For this issue, upstream should fix their packages. As far as we are > concerned, disabling tests is enough. The go-build-system has nothing to do > with this issue. Okay, I think you should go ahead and push these changes now, assuming the packages still build afterwards. > - Manual forwarding of compilation flags (e.g. "-tags"). This is an issue with > our go-build-system which cannot re-use existing "pkg" objects on Go 1.11. > Upstream code is fine. > > So yes, fixing go-build-system is related to packages not building with > Go 1.11 :p Okay, I see. I won't be working on this soon, if ever. I don't understand enough about how Go >= 1.10 builds software in order to do the work efficiently. Hopefully there is a volunteer :)