On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:39:40 +0200 Gábor Boskovits wrote: > Hello Guix, > > I've prepared a preliminary version of the graph of minimal > requirements of this project, > it is mostly abstract for now, but I would like to hear the opinions, > or possible additions to this. > So here it is. WDYT? Hi Gábor, since I first heard from the realization of the Video/Outreachy project, I found this procedure a bit abstract and I fear that the outcome would be a bit boring when done like that. Especially the part "images" is what I find suspicious, maybe I understand it wrong and I have to convinced into some direction: Do you mean by that still images/screenshots that will then be shown some duration (in the range of seconds), like slideshows with text-slides and screenshots intermixed? That is then mixed with subtitles and/or audio recordings. I expected more like a screen cast: A life hacking session with comments on what's going on, why doing a step, opening a brower and show where to find docs. Of cause this has to be well prepared and some parts have to be cut out in order to be not too tedious (half an hour gcc log output during compilation is not so interesting for some people). [I thought of maybe combining it with someone moderating, i.e. a person filmed who is explaining what they are doing. Though we need to be careful to not push anyone into that direction who doesn't want. Maybe it's better to drop that idea.] What I'm next missing is a set of tasks that we want to be video-documented. Or should that be part of the internship? I think it is more on our side to define the requirements. How and on which platform should the final result be presented? This includes freedom, privacy and technical aspects and is a question of acceptence/broadness of people watching it. Depending on the choice, could that affect the preparation process (for example, subtitle format, video-container format, audio-channels/translations, automatic text2subtitle conversation)? Björn