Hi Lakshmi, On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:52:30 +0530 Lakshmi Prasannakumar wrote: > Hi Gábor, > > I have followed the Binary-Installation procedures and installed the > hello package to my root. > The next step I understand is to add another package from the list in > https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/ > I tried following this step to install a package from the list i.e. > 4ti2 1.6.7 using the below commands: > *guix package -i 4ti2 1.6.7* > > However, I got the error as : > > > > > > > > > > > *guile: warning: failed to install localehint: Consider installing the > `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package anddefining > `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines: guix package -i > glibc-utf8-locales export > GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"See the "Application > Setup" section in the manual, for more info.* Is it due my incomplete > GUIX installation or are there further steps to follow? I think there is no error. As it says, this is only a warning. Or is there anything else I have overseen in your message? If unsure, you can check the return code of the previous command by directly typing echo $? The return code should be 0. You can also list the installed packages in Guix and see if hello and 4ti2 are installed: guix package -I Note the CAPITAL I. You can also list the generations. As you first installed hello and in a second step you installed 4ti2, there should be at least two generations: guix package --list-generations The warning is about the locale. To get rid of it, do exactly what the warning says, and/or read the section of the manual that the warning is pointing to :-) https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Application-Setup Hope this helps, otherwise feel free to ask, Björn