On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 08:00:17AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote: > I am pleased to announce the release of Mes 0.14, representing 98 > commits over 4 weeks. Mes+MesCC now compiles a self-hosting TinyCC > that has only been slightly patched. > > This means that we can now build a tcc that depends only on a 1MB > ASCII M1 seed. GuixSD currently uses a ~250MB binary seed to build > gcc. > > Next targets are: build gcc using this almost full-source bootstrapped > tcc, and reduce the 1MB ASCII M1 seed to ~100KB of M2 source, which is > a restricted subset of C. you are doing very awesome work! please keep going and please keep informing us about your progress! & thanks & have fun! :) -- cheers, Holger